Sunday, October 25, 2009
How to make a restart, or shutdown button on your desktop
To start right click on your desktop and go to the New section hold your mouse over it and wait for it to come out then press shortcut. A box will come up. You need to enter this code shutdown -s -t 0 for shutdown. Then choose next and title it as you please. If you right click the icon and press properties, then press the shorcut tab, towards the bottom you will see something that says change icon. Press that and an error message will come up. Press OK, and then you can change the icon. Click the one you want and press ok. Then you can press apply and you will have your icon. The code for restart is shutdown -r -t 0. Make sure you enter those codes exactly. This was tested on windows XP Pro edition. I am not responsible for damage to your system, however I see no reason there would be any problem with this. It has worked fine for everyone else I showed it to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment